Interesting Facts About Taj Mahal Agra India as many people would not be knowing all these facts about taj mahal. Taj mahal isÂ built on yamuna river bank located in Agra (UP) india andÂ was made by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan for his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal. Taj mahal is famous for its beauty worldwide andÂ with very amazing history and is in list of one of the wonders of the world.
Interesting Facts About Taj Mahal Agra India
- The construction of Taj mahal started in 1631 A.D.
- It took 22 years to get complete and was completed in 1653 A.D.
- Total built in cost of Taj mahal in 1631 was 32 million indian rupees and cost estimate in 2015 would be 52.8 billion indian rupees.
- Construction of taj mahal used the services of 22000 workers including labours, painters, stone cutters, embroidery artists and many others. Musician
- Monument is entirely built with white marble brought from all over India and asia.
- Height of Taj Mahal is 171 metres i.e (561 ft) in overall.
- 1000 Elephants were used for transportation of materials used in construction brought from all over india and asia.
- The Four sides of taj mahal i.e 4 minars were made perfectly identical of same height i.e 4o meters , creating astonishingly mirrored image on each side, to give it all look same from all sides.
- Taj mahal is surrounded by gardens, buildings, mosques, fountains, guest houses making up of total 17 hectares of land.
- Taj mahal changes it colors many times in a day, pinkish hue in the morning, which turns to glowing white as day goes on, and turns burnished golden at night in moonlight.
- Taj Mahal was built in the memory of his third wife mumtaz mahal and she died in process of giving birth to his fourteenth child.
- Death of mumtaz had so after affects on shah jahan that his all hair and beard got white within two months.
- Architect behind this magic monument was Ahmad Lahauri.
- There are 99 names of Allah written on sides of actual tomb as calligraphic inscriptions.
- Some myths of Taj mahal :-
- a) Hand of all the workers were chopped off so that no replica of it could be constructed.
- b) Taj mahal actually was a shiv temple.
- c) Shah jahan wanted to make one more taj mahal with black marble on other side of yamuna bank.
But today taj mahal is surrounded by gardens and the yamuna river which shah jahan used to view taj mahal in boat is now dry. Taj mahal also turning yellowish in color due to acid rain.
If you want to visit Taj mahal for its ticket and timings you can check out here on offical website.
Mean while if you want to know more interesting facts you can check it out at scoopwhoop i got through it.
I hope you would have liked the Facts about the Taj mahal india.