Do you know the name of smallest country in the world and its size. You would shock to know about its size and population.So i thought to list here top 15 smallest countries in the world and some facts about them that would make you crazy to know much more about them.
Top 15 Smallest Countries In The World
- a) Worlds Smallest country also Known as Holy See.
- b) Home to biggest church in World – St. Peter’s Basilica.
- c) Area – 0.44 Km Square
- d) Population- 770
- e) Surrounded by Rome, Italy.
- f) Revenue comes from voluntary contributions of over 1 billion members of the Roman Catholic Church around the world.
- a) Area – 2 km square
- b) Population- 36000 and is worlds densely populated country.
- c) Located on the French Riviera, Bordered by France on 3 sides and one side by the Mediterranean Sea.
- d) Monaco Has largest number of millionaires and billionaires per capita in the world.
- e) The most popular annual event is the Formula 1 race, with tracks passing through the city streets.
- f) Also Known for Monte Carlo casinos and Princess Grace.
Image Source:- arm.gov
- a) Area – 21 km square
- b) Population- 13000
- c) Also known as pleasant Island.
- d) Located east of Australia.
- e) They rely on rely on diminishing phosphate deposits now which have depleted.
- f) It has 90% unemployment, with the remaining 10% employed by the government.
- g) Nauru is also known as the country with the most obese people in the world, with 97% of its men and 93% of women being obese or overweight.
Image Source:- oceanislandtravel.com
- a) Area – 26 Km square
- b) Population – 12000
- c) Also known As Ellice Islands.
- d) Located in the Pacific Ocean, west of Australia.
5) San Marino
- a) Area – 61 Km square
- b) Population -30000
- c) Located on Mt. Titano in north central Italy
- d) The country claims to be the oldest state in Europe.
- e) One of the wealthiest in terms of GDP per capita.
- a) Area – 160 Km square
- b) Population- 34000
- c) Located on the Rhine River between Switzerland and Austria in the Alps.
- d) Liechtenstein is the richest country in the world by GDP per capita.
- e) Lowest unemployment rate (1.5%)
7) Marshall Island
Image Source:- guardianlv.com
- a) Area 181 Km Square
- b) Population – 68000
- c) Located near the equator in the Pacific Ocean.
- d) The Marshall Islands consist of 24 low-lying coral atolls comprising 1,156 individual islands and islets.
- e) The general landscape is sandy as most of these islands rise only a few feet above sea level, with the highest point being an unnamed hill on Likiep which peaks at only 32 ft.
8) Saint Kitts and Nevis
- a) Area-261 Km square
- b) Population- 55000
- c) Its economy is dependent on tourism, agriculture, and small manufacturing industries.
- d) Major sugar exporter for centuries.
- e) The highest peak, at 1,156 metres, is Mount Liamuiga on St. Kitts.
- a) Area – 298 Km square
- b) Population – 393500
- c) Maldives is the smallest country in Asia in terms of area and population.
- d) The Maldives has a vibrant tourism economy due to its famous white sand beaches and crystal blue waters.
- e) Located in the Indian Ocean Arabian Sea area.
- f) Maldives consists of 1,192 coral islands.
- g) Maldives is the lowest country in the world, with maximum and average natural ground levels of only 2.4 metres (7 ft 10 in) and 1.5 mt (4 ft 11 in) above sea level.
- a) Area- 316 Km square
- b) Population- 4,45,426
- c) Located in the Mediterranean Sea.
- d) Foreigners from all over the world come to Malta for its sunny weather, attractive beaches, over 7,000 years of intriguing history, and a still vibrant nightlife.
- a) Area- 348 Km Square
- b) Population- 109,590
- c) Located quite close to Venezuela.
- d) Also known as The Island of Spice.”
- e) The world’s largest producer of nutmeg and mace crops.
- f) A popular tourist destination, you’ll find French-influenced architecture and art all around the island, with cricket as the most popular sport.
12) Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- a) Area- 389 km square
- b) Population – 103,000
- c) The main island of Saint Vincent measures 26 km (16 mi) long, 15 km (9.3 mi) in width and 344 km2 (133 sq mi) in area.
- d) Agriculture, dominated by banana production, is the most important sector of this lower-middle-income economy.
- e) The tourism sector has considerable potential for development. The recent filming of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies on the island has helped to expose the country to more potential visitors and investors.
- a) Area-439 Km square
- b) Population- 2,77,821
- c) It is 34 km (21 mi) in length and up to 23 km (14 mi) in width.
- d) Situated in the western area of the North Atlantic and 100 km (62 mi) east of the Windward Islands and the Caribbean Sea.
- e) The economy of Barbados had been dependent on sugarcane cultivation.
14) Antigua and Barbuda
- a) Area – 440 km Square
- b) Population – 91,295
- c) Lying between the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean.
- d) Tourism dominates the economy, accounting for more than half of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP). Antigua is famous for its many luxury resorts.
- a) Area 459 km Square
- b) Population- 92000
- c) Located in the Indian Ocean, northeast of Madagascar and about 1,600 km (994 mi) east of Kenya.
I hope you would have loved to know about the smallest countries in the world and will share it with your friends too.